Greek salad, a dressing that gets better with time. Use it as a salad dressing or as a meat marinade.
- 1 long English cucumber diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 pepper seeded and diced (any color bell pepper, we aren’t racist)
- 1/2 cup banana peppers
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 4–6 Greek pepperoncini pickled peppers (yes alliteration)
- 1/2 cup raw goat feta (hard to find in Canada, ours was pasteurized, Omit if you are cutting out dairy)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp capers diced
- 1 tsp sun dried tomato diced (soaked in hot water for 20 min to soften)
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Dice cucumbers, peppers, tomato and onion, combine in a bowl.
- Add banana peppers, and olives.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with grated cheese if you are so inclined, omit if not on the dairy wagon.
- Garnish with the pepperoncini peppers and serve.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Greek