Sweet and spicy and as always gluten and dairy-free, this South India inspired Mulligatawny Chicken Bake is a great family meal to warm you from the inside out!
- 9–12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 4 cups cored and chopped apples
- 2 lg garlic cloves
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3.4 cup coconut cream (I used this 200 mL can)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place thighs in an oven safe pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Over medium high heat sautee apples, garlic, salt and onions in ghee until the onions sweat and start to caramelize.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add garam masala and chili powder and sautee 2-3 min till fragrant.
- Add coconut cream and simmer 5-10 min till it thickens slightly.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and pop in the oven 40 minutes, or untill the chicken is cooked thru.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: mulligatawny, paleo, chicken