A classic style barbecue sauce, without sugar! The apples make it sweet enough. Smokey and sweet with just a hint of heat to finish.
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 2/3 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried chilies
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp hickory smoke
- Core and quarter apple, stick in a heavy bottom pot.
- Add, apple juice, canned tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, chilies, peppercorns, salt, paprika, and ginger powder.
- Bring to a boil and cover until apples are soft.
- CAREFULLY us an immersion blender and blend until smooth (it’s hot, so if you splash yourself – it will burn! Alternately you can remove from heat and let cool until it is safe to blend.
- Add coconut aminos, liquid smoke and bay leaf, simmer for 40 min or until it thickens to desired consistency.
- Remove bay leaf and spoon into jars.
- Category: Sauces and Condiments