Paleo Chicken Parmesan, grain free and dairy free, but not missing that great classic flavour.
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Organic crushed tomatoes with basil (I used Thomas Utopia brand)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Sauté onions, garlic, 2 tbsp fresh parsley, oregano, and ghee.
- Add crushed tomato, salt (1/2 tsp), and honey. Continue to simmer. (The honey cuts the acidity and bitterness of the crushed tomato).
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and “beat your meat”, with a mallet or meat tenderizer, set aside.
- Place lightly beaten egg in a wide shallow dish.
- Combine coconut flour, almond meal, and salt (1/4 tsp) in another wide shallow dish.
- Spoon a generous amount of cashew cheese in the middle of the chicken breasts. (see picture).
- Layer a little tomato sauce over the cashew cheese (recipe below).
- Fold the chicken breast over on its self.
- Gently dredge the filled chicken breast first in the egg, then generously coat with the flour mixture.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with remaining tomato sauce, a dollop of cashew cheese and the remaining parsley.
- Bake 350F for 40 minutes.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian