- 1 butternut squash
- 2–3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 knob butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and guts. (You can roast the seeds if you like.)
- Coat with olive oil and place cut-side-down on cookie sheet.
- Bake until flesh is soft (check with a fork), 30-45 minutes depending on your squash.
- Remove from oven and, using an oven mitt to hold squash, scoop flesh into medium-large pot or bowl.
- Use a potato masher to process squash.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together with the masher.
- Top with green onions or crispy fried onions.
- Method: Oven