Rich Chocolate mousse with the season essential, pumpkin spice. It is like if pumpkin pie and chocolate mousse had a love child… in your mouth.
- Separate eggs, setting yolks aside, and putting whites into a larger mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, and swerve to the egg whites and whisk or whip.
- Slowly add heavy or whipping cream while whisking until soft peaks form.
- Set aside.
- In a double boiler, slowly melt the dark chocolate with the butter or ghee. I used 70% or higher, every time I made this recipe.
- Once the chocolate is melted, whisk in salt, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until well combined, remove from heat.
- Wait a couple of minutes until slightly cooled, and whisk in the egg yolks one at a time.
- Fold chocolate and pumpkin mixture into the egg whites and whipped cream, gently combining them. Pour into bowls or cups and refrigerate 2-24 hours
- Garnish with some freshly grated cinnamon and or a sprinkle of salt flakes (optional).
If you get chunks of egg, use an immersion blender or sieve to remove. Your chocolate was a touch too warm and cooked the egg.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixer
Keywords: pumpkin spice, chocolate mousse, pumpkin chocolate mousse