Smokey Mashed Sweet Potatoes get their smokey and spicy flavors from smoked salmon and chipotle peppers.
- 6 cups cooked, mashed, sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup smoked salmon (remove bones if necessary)
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt or coconut cream
- 2 tbsp green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo (diced)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup deep-fried onions (optional)
- Cook the sweet potato, I used my Instant Pot, and the mammoth tuber was simply cut to fit, placed on a trivit, 1 cup of water added and cooked on high pressure 10 minutes, with a natural pressure release. When it was done, the skins slid right off and it was ready for mashing. No Instant Pot? You can buy one here, or use the old-fashioned method, peeling and boiling to mash.
- Stir in remaining ingredients: garlic, smoked salmon, coconut yogurt or coconut milk, green onions, diced up chipotle peppers in adobo, chipotle powder and salt.
- Make sure it is well combined and garnish with deep-fried onions (optional).
- Category: side
- Method: Instant Pot