Watermelon Tomato Salad with Cilantro & Jalapeño is a surprisingly well balanced dish that is fresh and light, and perfect for summer!
- 6 medium-large tomatoes of various types, or 4 cup equivalent (vary color and type of heirlooms as available)
- 1/2 mini watermelon, about 4 cups
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper (thinly sliced or diced)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Cut tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut off watermelon rind then cut flesh into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Stir tomatoes, watermelon and jalapeño peppers together.
- Combine dressing ingredients together in a jar or some other seal-able container, and shake well.
- Coat tomato and melon mixture with dressing and stir well.
- Let sit for at least an hour before serving.
- If using feta, wait until just before serving to sprinkle on-top.
- Category: salad