A funky twist on the traditional wedge salad. Just one more amazing use for our to-die-for Creamy Curry Fenugreek Sauce.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce (cut into quarters)
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely sliced)
- 4–6 slices of quality bacon (finely sliced width-wise)
- 1 yellow mango (cubed)
- 1/4–1/2 cup tomatoes (cut into 1/2 inch pieces. I recommend cherry tomatoes halved)
- 3/4–1 cup Creamy Curry Fenugreek Sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- fresh fenugreek leaves as garnish
- Place a quarter head of lettuce on each plate/bowl.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium to med-high heat and saute the majority of the onions (reserve enough raw onions to sprinkle on top of each wedge) in the bacon fat (I cooked the bacon on one side of the pan and the onions on the other so that if one was done sooner I could scoop it out while the other finished). Onions should be caramelized but not burned.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of cooked onions and bacon, mango, and tomatoes over each lettuce wedge.
- Top each with raw red onion slices, blue cheese (optional), and fresh fenugreek leaves (optional), then drizzle with Creamy Curry Fenugreek Sauce.
Cut and prep the rest of the ingredients while cooking the onions and bacon to save some time. You wanna get this in your mouth as soon as possible, right?
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Salad
Keywords: wedge salad