Stay cozy sipping warm delicious Vegan Leek Potato Instant Pot Soup!
- 8 cups chopped leeks (2 large leeks)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves black or roasted garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups baby potatoes
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cup coconut cream
- Press Sautee- High on your Instant Pot.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 cloves of garlic, and the leeks. Sautee 5-7 minutes, until the leeks are softened and golden on a few edges.
- Add 5 cups of potatoes and 2 cups of veggie broth, close the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 6 minutes, with a natural pressure release.
- Using a high speed blender or imersion blander CAREFULLY blend until smooth (It will be HOT so carefully).
- Add the blended mixture back to the Instant Pot and press Sautee- Low.
- Add the rest of the veggie broth, bay leaf, pepper, sage, salt, nutmeg and coconut cream.
- Stir until combined and desired temperature.
- Optional: garnigh with some diced green onions.
- Make sure the leeks are well washed, they can be sandy or gritty.
- Potatoes are on the dirty dozen list, so buy organic if you can.
- There is a difference between coconut milk and coconut cream!
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: Instant pot, Soup, Vegan