You love our paleo butter chicken, right? And chicken wings? Of course… Butter Chicken Wings is an obvious win for your mouth!
We're always looking for new vehicles for our butter chicken sauce and for new chicken wing flavors. It just makes sense that we combined both needs!
Do you ever get a sauce that you want to put on everything? We have a couple, like our Fenugreek sauce. Just thinking of it floods my mouth with drool.
The other fave sauce is this butter chicken sauce. Based on a family recipe of our friend Pam, this beautiful paleo-ized butter chicken has shown up on a few different dishes. It is like the little black dress of sauces.
Easily adapted on the stove, in your Instant Pot, to satisfy the vegan in your life, as breakfast, or to coat cauliflower with a fun-for-your-mouth explosion of deliciousness.
Till then enjoy these butter chicken wings. Comment below: what else will you use this sauce for??
- 12–48 chicken wings
- salt and pepper to taste
Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1/2 Tbsp fresh garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder or 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- heaping 1/2 tsp turmeric
- heaping 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4–1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 156 ml tomato paste
- 1 cans coconut milk
- heaping 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 cup sliced almond (per dozen wings)
- 1/8 cup cilantro (per dozen wings)
Butter Chicken Sauce
- Melt ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add salt and onions. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne. Mix in and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and coconut milk. Mix thoroughly with spices (getting all of the spices that maybe stuck to the bottom of the pan).
- Stir in garam masala. Cook until coconut is heated through.
- Preheat oven 375F.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken wings in oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and continue tossing.
- Spread wings out on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Transfer wings to a large bowl and thoroughly coat with Butter Chicken Sauce (about 1 cup should be good for a dozen wings).
- Return to cookie sheet and bake for another 7-10 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken and encapsulate the wings.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and cilantro.
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: chicken wings
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: butter chicken wings